Keyboard shortcuts for speed and productivity
Filed under Blog
Using shortcuts on computer keyboard is the professional way which will increase your speed and productivity. If you look around the IT professionals in field most of them are familiar with shortcuts. You must also practice the usage of keyboard shortcuts for increasing your speed and productivity. In this post we are posting some keyboard shortcuts, and we recommended you to memorize and try it on daily basis.
General Keyboard Shortcuts
- CTRL+A (Select All): Use CTRL+A to select entire text, data in a document
- CTRL+C (Copy): You can use CTRL+ C to copy the highlighted text or selected item.
- CTRL+X (Cut): Instead of copy you can use CTRL+X to cut the selected item.
- CTRL+V (Paste): Both the Ctrl + V and Shift + Insert will paste the object that’s in the clipboard.
- CTRL+Z (Undo): Ctrl + Z and can use for undo option. For example if you cut a folder or text and you thing to undo then simply press CTRL+Z, this will undo any changes.
- CTRL+F (Find): Use CTRL+F to open the FIND in any program. This will make you finding more easily.
- CTRL+S (Save): Use CTRL+S to save a file, this option is very helpful especially if you are doing a data entry work or coding.
- CTRL + Home: This will move the cursor to the beginning of the document.
- CTRL + End: this will do the reverse action of Ctrl + Home that is by pressing Ctrl + End you can move the cursor to the end of document.
- CTRL + P: You can open a print preview of the current page by pressing CTRL + P. Just try now to preview this page.
- CTRL + RIGHT ARROW: Move the insertion point to the beginning of the next word
- CTRL+LEFT ARROW: Move the insertion point to the beginning of the previous word
- CTRL+DOWN ARROW: Move the insertion point to the beginning of the next paragraph
- CTRL+UP ARROW: Move the insertion point to the beginning of the previous paragraph
- CTRL+ESC: Display the Start menu
- CTRL+N: Use this combination of keys to open a new console
- CTRL+W: Use this combination of keys to close window/tab
- CTRL+F4: you can use this to close the active document.
- Alt + TAB or Ctrl + TAB: Quickly switch between open programs moving forward.
- Alt + ESC: Cycle through items in the order that they had been opened
- Alt + Enter: Using this key combination you can view the properties for the selected item
- Alt+F4: Use this combination of key to close the console